These cupcakes are just scrumptious. S c r u m p t i o u s. You can imagine that combo: brownie, maple syrup and Belgian waffles in your mouth. Boom, mouthwatering!
This shot has been one of my favourite ever. I made these cuties for a collaboration with one of my favourite people on the internet. The sweet Corina from @cocorrina is a wonderful, smart, kind and unique designer with lots of creativity.
Prepare yourself before having a bite of one of this goodness!
01. Preheat oven to 180c.
02. Line a 12 cup cupcakes tin with paper liners.
03. Melt the chopped chocolate in a bain-marie (or in the microwave). Set aside
04. Combine the crushed waffle with the melted butter and a pinch of salt. Press a tablespoon of mixture into the bottom of each liner. Bake for 5min and allow to slightly cool. Set aside.
05. In a big bowl, whisk the flour together with the cacao, baking powder and a pinch of salt. Set aside
06. Using a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar until soft.
07. Mix in egg, egg yolk and half of the vanilla paste until combined.
08. Add melted chocolate and sour cream. Beat for few seconds.
09. Add half of the flour mixture and mix on low speed until combined. Add the remaining half and then quickly stir in the boiling water. (Just stir until evenly combined)
10. Spoon the butter onto the waffle-crust. Bake for about 30 min., or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
11. Allow the cupcakes to cool for 2 min., then remove to cooling rack to finish cooling. Meanwhile, let’s make the frosting.
12. In the bowl of the stand mixer, whip on medium speed the heavy cream with the sugar, instant pudding powder and the remaining vanilla paste until stiff peaks form.
13. Pipe or spread the frosting on top of each cupcake.
14. Drizzle some maple syrup and garnish with mini waffles.
150 gr Belgian Butter-Waffles, crushed
60 gr Unsalted butter, melted
90 gr Unsweetened chocolate, chopped
1 Cup Flour
1/3 Cup Raw cacao
1 Tsp Baking powder
1 Cup Granulated sugar
60 gr Unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 Egg yolk
½ Cup Sour cream or Greek yogurt
½ Cup Boiling water
2 Cups Heavy whipping cream, cooled
74gr Instant vanilla pudding powder
250 gr Powder sugar
1 Vanilla bean or 1 tsp vanilla extract
Maple syrup and Waffles for topping
I hope you truly enjoy it, and please drop me a line if you have any feedback! ♡