Pumpkin Soup doesn't need a big introduction. It is so comforting, warm, and cozy. Just smelling it and you feel like home.
Definitely this is my favourite soup. :D Period. It can be prepared in so many different ways. I think everyone has a different way to make them and I'm always so curious about that.
I'm so sure this soup is going to be your favourite too. So quickly to make, healthy and with great flavour. (And BTW, so creamyyy!). Let's cozy up with it!
1 Medium Pumpkin, diced
1 Large onion, diced
2 Garlic cloves, crushed
2 Medium carrots, chopped
2 Medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
1 Red bell pepper, chopped
1 Stalk celery, chopped
3 cups of water
1/2 cup light cream
2 Tbsp Butter
2 Bay leaves
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 Cup parmesan cheese
A handful fresh parsley, chopped
Salt & pepper
01. Preheat oven to 200.
02. Place pumpkin on a baking tray and roast for about 40 minutes.
03. In a large saucenpan, heat oil and sauté onions until translucent. Add garlic.
04. Add carrots, celery, potatoes, red bell pepper and bay leaves. Combine and cook for two minutes.
05. When pumpkin roasted, add to the saucepan, together with water. Bring to boil
06. Reduce heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes.
07. Puree the soup in a food processor until smooth.
08. Return to saucepan and add butter, parmesan cheese and cream. Cook in low heat for 5 minutes. (Don't let it boil)
09. Taste and season to perfection. Serve with nuts and fresh parsley.
I hope you truly enjoy it, and please drop me a line if you have any feedback! ♡