So excited about this post.
I developed this vegan recipe specially for the Holidays issue of Thrives Magazine. :) If you want to know more about me, and the other plant-based recipe I created, please go and find the magazine at Whole Foods, Target, Costco, Walmart, Vons, Sprouts, Barnes & Nobles, Publix, Albertsons, and over 2000 other markets and co-ops in the USA.
Hope you really enjoy it! ✨
400 ml Buckwheat flour, rinsed.
4 Cups Zucchini, finely shredded.
400 gr Coconut sugar.
300 gr Vegan Chocolate chunks
200 ml Coconut oil, melted.
60 gr Unsweetened cocoa powder.
20 ml Vanilla extract.
3 Tbsp Baking soda.
10 gr Sea salt.
Spiced Almond Butter and Caramelized Almonds
⅓ Cup Almond butter.
¼ Cup Almonds, roughly chopped.
2 Tbsp Coconut Oil, melted.
1 Tbsp Coconut sugar.
1 Tbsp Cinnamon powder
1 Tbsp Anise powder
½ Tbsp Ground cardamom.
Sea salt, flakes.
For the brownie
01. Preheat oven to 180C.
02. In a large bowl, whisk oil, sugar and cocoa powder until well combined.
03. Add vanilla extract. Stir well.
04. Fold into flour, baking soda, chocolate chunks, zucchini and salt. Mix well, but remember not to overmix.
05. Pour batter into a parchment lined 28x19cm pan. Using the spatula, smooth batter into an even layer. Bake for 40 minutes.
For the almond butter and caramelised almonds.
01. Combine almond butter with half of the given quantities of spices together with one tablespoon of melted coconut oil. Combine well and set aside. (If you want the almond butter more liquid, add into hot water).
02. In a pan, heat rest of coconut oil. Add almond chunks together with rest of spices. Cook until lightly caramelised.
03. When brownie baked, remove from oven and allow to cool completely on a wire rack. Spread almond butter over the brownie. Sprinkle with caramelised almonds and sea salt.